Students are an integral part of the research within the DMPI. We welcome post-doctoral fellows as well as motivated Duke Undergraduates and high school students from the North Carolina School of Science and Math and Durham School of the Arts. Interested students should contact the faculty member with whom they wish to work.
Our faculty mentor Duke University School of Medicine students in their 3rd year research experience. In addition, DMPI faculty teach courses in the first year Medical School curriculum.
The DMPI accepts graduate students from several Duke graduate programs:
- the Department of Molecular Genetics & Microbiology
- the Department of Pathology
- the Department of Pharmacology & Cancer Biology
- the Medical Scientist Training Program
- the Program of Cellular and Molecular Biology
- the Program in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- the Program in Immunology
- the University Program in Genetics and Genomics
- the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics